In March we have a wonderful opportunity to share the gospel and give invitation for others to hear the word of God through General conference. We can do missionary work within our own family by preparing them to be open to the messages in Conference and full participation in the blessings.
The dates and times are below:
Saturday 5th of April at 3pm – 4.30pm General Women’s Session (for all girls 8+)
Saturday 5th of April at 5pm -7pm General Conference: Saturday AM Session
Sunday 6th of April at 10am -12pm General Conference: Priesthood Session
Sunday 6th of April at 1pm -3pm General Conference: Saturday PM Session
Sunday 6th of April at 5pm -7pm General Conference: Sunday AM Session
Sunday 6th of April at 9pm -11pm General Conference: Sunday PM Session
So clear your calendar and let’s get excited about conference!
Here are some ideas on how to prepare your children for the blessings of General conference:
- Read how to prepare your children.
- Start to countdown the days to conference so your children realise how important the days are. This is an activity that can be done for 2 week prior to conference.
- Create family traditions for general conference, eg have a special meal between conference sessions, build a tent and turn it toward the computer screen when watching at home,
- Prepare conference entertainment for young children to allow them to take what they can from conference
- Have the children take a virtual tour of the conference centre, temple square, print off note books, colouring pages, puzzles.
And on the day:
- Use printed up materials when children start to get distracted
- Do quick exerises between talks to get rid of the fidgits
- Have fun, cuddle, talk, share.
Here are some ideas on how to prepare your youth for the blessings of General Conference:
- Invite your youth to prepare for conference and attend conference as a family
Here are some ideas on how to prepare yourselves for the blessings of General Conference:
- Write down questions that you would like to have answered and pray for the speakers
- Council together on how to create a learning and joyful atmosphere for conference , create family traditions for general conference
Sometimes the giving of an invitation to others to share the blessings of General conference is difficult here are some ideas on how to extend that invitation and raise awareness:
For your visiting teaching sisters at your March Visit:
or try this wee conference packet from Every Day Food Storage.net
Your friends and family: