It’s just a click away
Have you ever spent long hours puzzling over FamilySearch? Or found yourself wishing that someone would take over your keyboard and show you how? Perhaps you want to get started with your family history but don’t know where to start. Never fear, help is at hand! Within the past few days FamilySearch has stated:
“In our efforts to continually provide a better research experience for everyone who uses FamilySearch, we are continually adding more useful features, databases and upgrades. One of the big challenges we face is keeping our training up to date.
One solution that FamilySearch has chosen to use to address this problem is to add online training that can be updated quickly and easily.
…Some of our most useful and popular training has been put online for you to use quickly and easily.”
What a great idea! Thank you kind friends at FamilySearch!
Links to the training materials are found below:
- The Training Material link will take you to a rich menu of training options. Simply click on the link of the item you want to use.
- The FamilySearch Family Tree Curriculum link will take you to a whole selection of training content. It provides training on how to use a computer mouse, basic beginner training, intermediate training, advanced training and the option to view training in Spanish.
- The Family Tree Quick Start Guide is a 7 page PDF File explaining how to quickly and easily get into and use some of the most basic and popular features of Family Tree.
- The Family Tree Reference Manual is a 204 page PDF file that provides extensive in-depth coverage on all features of the Family Tree. Please note that about 5% of this manual is already out of date. Within the next several months this manual will be redesigned and posted in smaller sections that will allow for faster and easier updates.
- The FamilySearch Learning Center is a library of several hundred classes and video presentations that teach you how to use various FamilySearch features as well as how to do research on a wide variety of genealogical topics.
- The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a collection of over 76,000 research article covering some area of genealogy and family history research. These articles are written and updated by experts from around the world.